Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trading in the Old for the New..Part 2.5

As i sit here in my room, bored as ever, A distant memory a blog came surging in my head haha. It's been awhile since I last wrote. Not really a surprise when you're working(well doing my training then) 6 days a week. Anyway, today I'm here to settle a long awaited debt and continue with the "People who had Influenced me section". I believe to the delight of my readers who can't really say anything more than "mmmmmmm", "yyyyyyyy", "wooooooooo" and anything that rhymes with it. If you're lost right now go and have a look at the shoutmix thingy haha.

So lets get to it. Next in the list of People Who Had Influenced Me are my friends, as the saying goes, "You are your friends". I think that's the saying haha well correct me if I'm wrong. To talk about all of my friends would take up a lot of space and seriously, I'm not a machine you know haha Soooooo today's post will describe four of whom I rate highest haha thy are namely Rong Hui and Rishi. Without whom I may not be as normal or close normal which ever is applicable haha as I am today. Lets analyze my relationship with them one by one shall we.


Rong Hui
Our friendship began during form one, we were in the same class. At first I wasn't really that close to him because being the introvert of the class, it was really a challenge for me to make new friends. Hmmmmmmm come to think about it, I don't even remember how we got close hahaha Sorry bro hahaha but one thing I remembered was the fact that last time I would ask him to teach me a bit of mandarin. I guess that's one of the factor that drew us closer. Slowly, I began to realize that we're not really that different of a person. Both of us were-yes I would admit it-shy guys, having similar interest such as anime/manga and football although he supports those sorry magpies hahaha(Cheer up bro, I'm sure thay can win the promotion to the Premier League this season) Usually we would really have these serious discussions about football in general as though we were professional footbal pundits hahaha It's hard to find someone with a football brain and as passionate as he is. We were like two peas in a pod haha




Rishi

Our first meeting was some sort of a comic moment. Imagine this, you're new to the University life thingy, you're getting acclimatised with the overwhelming(well it was to me ok haha) environment and meeting new people along the way. Then you meet this good(I meant it in both sense of the word haha) looking person and what did you do to start the conversation?? Make fun of the person's name of course!! hahaha

I gathered that his name was Rishigeysan from another new colleague beforehand.
The conversation was as follows:

Myself: Hey man, how are you? Nice to meet you.
Rishi: Hello, fine thank you and nice to meet you too.

(At this moment I've run out of ideas how to continue the conversation and so blurted out what I deemed to be a good way of ice-breaking which is to be funny)

Myself: Soooooo, what do I call you?? Gay??
Rishi: (laughs awkwardly) no. Rishi is fine

Awkward moment~~



It actually sounded a lot funnier in my head or so I thought haha Well awkward intros aside, Rishi made the list because I believe in him being a really special person. He taught me the values of friendship. He is one of the very few of my friends who believes in being selfless and not to judge people easily. He's not a person who is afraid to set things straight even if it's at the expense of me being wrong hahaha and that's why I can honestly say that he is one of my Bestest Friend. A person who never puts on a different face when dealing with different people and there are a lot of fakers out there.


You may ask, what in the world is this post about anyway. Well, it's a tribute, a tribute to two of my best friends who I can safely say had a hand in the development of the person called Iskandar. Friends who were always there when I needed them, friends who aren't afraid to tell me off and keep me grounded. Thanks guys for kicking me when I'm down...For laughter of course hahah No la..Thanks for being a friend to silly old me...

P.s There was suppose to be another person in the post but she killed the Big Bad Wolf so many times that she leveled up into another category..*wink*

2 comments:

kecik said...

antara kita suma, rishi yang paling boleh tahan dengan perangai semua kawan2 kan??? lap u la rishi. hahahaha

note 2 orang tua:
sori la, aku tak tau camnaa nk puji ko. hehehehe :)

Juan d'caremel loveer said...

wah i suker post u yg ni...best..sayang u sayang rishi n syang semua..huhu