Monday, December 8, 2008

Letters To My Darling-Letter VIII

28 days and counting

Muah Darling..Today is Hari Raya Haji!!! hahaha well not really more excited than usual. Guess its the grown up thing where you wont feel as hyper as you were when you were a kid. Anyways, today as usual Muslims go to mosques or suraus to perform the Raya Prayers. The thing that differentiates Raya Aidilfitri and Raya Haji(Raya Aidiladha) is that after the prayers there will be the sacrification ceremony. Don't know whether you know this or not but we actually sacrifice the cow and share the meat and parts among the population, not simply because we like it(haha who knows kan)

This year my dad contributed a share in purchasing a cow to be sacrificed. Actually, his original plan was to gather his siblings in getting a cow to be sacrificed at his kampung because kampung folks generally appreciates it more. Well if you compare the living conditions between kampung folks and city folks you'll see who needs and will appreciate it more. In the end, the planned didn't work out due to a lot of factors so in the end my father contributed to the local mosque that we always go to.

Maybe one day me and my brothers, perhaps even my cousins can carry out my dad's wish. We'll see..

Okie this was another post, brought to you by your Issie haha MUAHHHHHHHHHH

P.s-I love you

No comments: