Sunday, December 28, 2008

Letters To My Darling-Letter XXVIII

8 days and counting

Haha Darling..Today I went to my err is it cousin err NEVERMIND!! Ahem lets start over shall we..Today~ I went to my relatives engagement ceremony haha I wasn't really that close with him but Yem was. We known each other back at Perlis when we went back there when we were kids. So you can say that we're err childhood friends who is also our relative if that makes sense hahaahha Well he is the son of my mum's cousin so go figure hahaha.

We were told to be there by 10. Well we were a bit late but apparently when we got there we were told that we're going to the bride's house at around 12.30. So yea we stayed and wait. Today the groom is going to the bride's house to ask for her hand in marriage(Explaining to Darling who most probably is confuse at what exactly is happening haha). The groom is also bring offerings to the bride's family and in this case they prepared 21 set of offerings. The err do you call it dowry ah?? hahah well 'that' is RM12,345. Yes I'm serious hahaha but they agreed that they will pay half now and the rest during the wedding ceremony.

Enough of facts, now on to my story ahhaha Well we waited till 12.30, then we found out that it will be delayed again. This time its 1.30 so we were like nevermind we already waited this long, might as well. Then it was delayed again haih to 2.30pm. "They better make sure that the food they will serve(at that moment) is good" so I thought. After praying, we got to the bride's house. Me, Yem, Ila and Yaya helped to carry the offerings. We walked to the house accompanied by the beating of the 'kompang' and not to mention the flashes of cameras ahahaha

Inside, we arranged the offerings so it would look nice and so the ceremony could start. After a session of 'Pantun-memantun', prayers and picture taking the ceremony was over. Well not quite. It's 'MAKAN TIME' hahahhaha. Well it was okok only la, nothing special actually. Yea and that was the end of today's event hahaha couldn;t really make it interesting for Darling purely because it wasn't hahahahaha

P.s-I love you

No comments: